A MAN accused of torturing victims during the Franco-era has been found living a quiet life in Madrid.
Antonio Gonzalez Pacheco was known as ‘Billy the Kid’ for his habit of using a gun to beat
Witnesses told stories of how Pacheco would tell his victims how much he enjoyed hurting
His depraved actions continued after the war when he joined an anti-terrorism unit, helping to fight the Basque separatist group, Eta.
Settling down in Madrid he now works for a private security firm, where he is said to remain
employed to this day.
Last month Argentine judge Maria Romilda Servinie de Cubria called for his extradition,
along with three other alleged Franco henchmen.
While two of his co-accused are now dead, Pacheco and another former police officer, Jesus
Munecas Aguilar, could now be summoned by Spanish authorities.
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24