A PARAGLIDER escaped serious injury when he crashed into a house soon after take off.
The drama happened in La Herradura when the unlucky local man was caught by a freak gust of wind.
The airman slammed into the side of the home in the La Gemelas urbanisation and crashed 20 feet to the ground.
The paraglider tumbled down a staircase into the garden of a house, where members of Almunecar Fire Service and paramedics were soon on the scene.
Although complaining of a severe headache, the paraglider did not sustain any serious injury and was transferred to Motril Hospital for observation.
It was the second paragliding accident in a week in La Herradura, which attracts enthusiasts from all over Europe.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40