A FELINE-THEMED Spanish language learning app has been launched.
CatAcademy aims to teach users a new language through a series of mobile games and cat-related images.
Cats are scientifically proven to be among the most effective internet ‘memes’ – ideas – so can be used to help people memorise information when it is associated with them.
Ed Cooke, co-founder of the app developer Memrise, said: “Humour is one of mankind’s most fundamental characteristics, but until now there has never been an education tool that makes people laugh.
“With CatAcademy, we took that techniques we used to teach a million people more than a hundred million words on Memrise, and combined that with the cutest and silliest content we could devise.”
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40