A FIRE has broken out at the world famous Marbella Club Hotel. The blaze, which started at 11am this morning, forced the evacuation of a section of the hotel that contains designer shops, interior design offices and art galleries.
There were no reports of any injures, but the top floors of the commercial section were damaged. Smoke could still been seen coming from the upper floor windows when the Olive Press took these exclusive photos. Fire and emergency services were quickly on the scene.
“We heard the alarms go off at around 11” a guest, who did not want to be named told the Olive Press. “We were told not to worry, but after what happpened at EL Lodge last week, we didn’t want to take any chances and fled outside”.
Last week the Marbella Club’s sister hotel, the exclusive El Lodge in Sierra Nevada, burnt to the ground in a huge blaze.
- I have never felt more proud of my Burlesque-dancing goddaughter, writes Giles Brown - 25 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- Summer on the Costa del Sol may have to be spent indoors to avoid beach hut blazes and killer bacteria, writes Giles Brown - 12 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00