MALAGA AIRPORT is one of the most confusing foreign airports for British people to navigate, according to new research.
Holidaymakers have been left baffled by bad signage at the airport, which came top of the nationwide survey commissioned by car hire broker Holiday Autos.
Orlando and Faro airports were also in the top three.
Other Spanish destinations did not fare well either, with Alicante and Palma de Mallorca making it onto the list.
Sydney Airport was found to be by far the most straightforward to navigate, closely followed by Berlin, Brussels, Geneva and Schipol, according to the OnePoll survey.
Findings also showed that each holidaymaker spent well over half an hour travelling from the gate to the car hire desk on arrival, the survey said.
Of the 2,000 people questioned, 47% cited poor signage as the most common causes of confusion.
The survey also found that people were frustrated by the long walk through the terminal, at just under half a mile, combined with the 17 minutes on average it takes to reach a main road once you’re out of the terminal building.
Younger people found the route from the airport car park to the main road the most perplexing, taking on average five minutes longer than their middle-aged counterparts by spending around 20 minutes trying to find the right exit, it said.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40