ANDALUCIA is the worst region in Spain for tax dodging, according to a report on the Spanish black market.
A total 29.2% of the region’s money is earned tax-free, five percentage points above the national average.
The report, carried out by Professor Jordi Sarda of Universitat Rovira i Virgil, showed yesterday the country had the worst black market in western Europe.
Almería is the most corrupt town, and the black market here is worth 33.5% of its GDP. This is followed by Granada (32.1%) and Cordoba (30.6%).
The best ratios are in Huelva (26.4% ), Sevilla (27%) and Malaga (28.6%).
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40