THE tragic tale of Amy Fitzpatrick could finally be drawing to a close with the news that police are to begin searching an area of wasteland close to where Amy lived with her mother Audrey and her partner Dave Mahon.
All cases where young people go missing are tragic, but Amy’s seems even more so, as stories of a difficult domestic life, missing school and even living rough have emerged.
Last year in a fight in Dublin Mahon killed Amy’s brother Dean in what he claims was self defense.
The latest sad chapter is the news that Audrey has been rushed to hospital in Marbella, where she has been told she needs a liver transplant. It allegedly follows weeks of heavy drinking.
Many come to southern Spain to chase their dreams, but for the Fitzpatrick family it turned into the worst type of nightmare.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44