AUDREY Fitzpatrick, the seriously ill mother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick, has discharged herself from a hospital on the Costa de Sol.
It is reported she suffered a ‘panic attack’ on the eve of Amy’s 22nd birthday and fled her bed in nightclothes and with needles still in her arms.
Her partner Dave Mahon said she had got a taxi home in the middle of the night.
Spanish doctors have told Audrey she will die if she does not undergo a liver transplant.
Fitzpatrick and Mahon now plan to return to Ireland to get a second opinion.
Mahon has said Audrey will not go back to hospital in Spain.
The mother of Amy and her partner Mahon have been living on the Costa del Sol for the last month. This is despite Mahon being expected to be charged over the death of Amy’s brother Dean last year.
An inquest into the killing outside Mahon’s Dublin flat has been postponed until March 14.
He has admitted to stabbing Dean, but claims it was in self-defence. He has not yet been charged. A decision by the DPP on whether to prosecute is due shortly.
Over the past month Olive Press sources have revealed that the pair have been drinking regularly at a string of bars near the Los Jarales camp site, in Calahonda.
Amy had gone missing from her home in Riviera del Sol, near Calahonda, after a night out with friends nearby on New Year’s Day in 2008.
As the Olive Press revealed at the time, the 15-year-old had been unhappy and was not getting on with her mother or stepfather Dave Mahon, a local estate agent.
She had not been attending school and sources revealed she had even sometimes slept rough in a nearby park.
Despite nationwide and global appeals from both sides of the family, she has not been found.
However in a recent development detectives announced they were set to scour a remote hillside for the body of missing Amy Fitzpatrick, not far from the home of the teenager on the Costa del Sol.
It came after Amy’s aunt in Ireland Christine Kenny received an anonymous tip off about where her niece ‘had been buried’.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33