SCOTSMAN Stephen Gallacher has pipped Spaniard Sergio Garcia to January’s European Tour Golfer of the month title.
Gallacher successfully defended his Desert Classic title in Dubai, equalling a nine-hole scoring record of nine-under-par 28 on his way to victory.
Sergio Garcia can take comfort in the fact he will bounce back into the World top ten after winning the Qatar Masters title on January 25.
Gallacher, 39, said: “To be picked ahead of the likes of Louis (Oosthuizen), Pablo (Larrazábal) and Sergio (Garcia), who were all winners last month, means a lot to me and I am very grateful to be recognised in this way.”
Pablo Larrazabal, born in Barcelona, won the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January by one stroke over Rory McIlroy and Phil Mickelson.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40