EXPATS in the south of Spain have to travel all the way to Alicante to stock up on their British favourites, according to an online map.
The company behind the interactive map, Which Offshore, claim to have produced a comprehensive and global list of British food stores, to help expats track down British food stockists whereever in the world they may be.
But there isn’t a single listing in the British hub of the Costa del Sol, and Morrisons in Gibraltar doesn’t get a look in either. The nearest mapped stores are in Alicante, or in the capital Madrid.
Despite only listing four British food stores on the Spanish mainland, the website’s editor Michael Brinksman said: “Spain and France seem to have the greatest number of British food shops.”
The team is asking for people to contribute new places to the map through its website, however.
Brinksman said: “We want users in other parts of the world like Scandinavia and Eastern Europe to let us know of any other stores as the aim is to continue updating it.”
- Tell us where you get your Brit favourites from using the comment form below
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40