A LOCAL artist with a penchant for the quirky is holding her inaugural solo exhibition at a perfume store.
Nancy Holt’s paintings will go on display at Perfumarte, Arroyo de la Miel, from March 6.
The show opens at 6pm, with a drinks reception, and a pianist will serenade visitors with live music.
This exhibition is Holt’s first as a solo artist, although her work has previously featured alongside others at Mijas Town Hall.
She told the Olive Press: “I was really excited when I was asked to exhibit my work at Perfumarte. I’m a bit of a bohemian, and I was really drawn to the concept, you don’t get many art exhibitions in perfume stores.
“The shop itself is spectacularly decorated, and they have an in house pianist; art and music is such a great combination.”
As yet there is no closing date for the exhibition, which includes 20 large canvas paintings, and the paintings on display will be available for sale.
“We will just see how it goes, and the store has only recently opened, but I think the plan is to exhibit more art in the future.” Holt said.
The artist, who is originally from Manchester, has been living on the Costa del Sol for the past 18 years.
“I love the Spanish life style, and people, and Arroyo is such a beautiful place, it’s a wonderful community. I work as an art teacher, and have classes for children at the Mijas Pueblo Arts Centre. It’s great to be able to give back to the community.
“I’m hoping to soon be exhibiting in the Casa de la Cultura here too, it’s a really exciting time for me!”
Holt is also available for commissions, and she paint book illustrations, murals and commissions. More information is available via the Andalucia Artists Collective website, www.andalucianartists.com
Perfumarte is opposite the train station in Arroyo de la Miel, Avenida de Constitucion 2.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40