POLICE on the Costa del Sol had a bumper 2013 when it came to hash seizures.
The Drugs and Organized Crime Unit (UDYCO) seized 7.6 tons of marijuana, more than a 182% increase on the previous year.
The unit focussed their efforts on drug-trafficking along the Malaga coastline, with clear results.
Hashish is the primary drug smuggled in this area, due to the proximity to the Moroccan coastline.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05