HUNDREDS of illegal immigrants have attempted to force their way into Melilla this morning, according to the Moroccan Interior Ministry.
According to a statement, 600 migrants headed to the enclave at 7 a.m. and 102 were arrested. Police detained another 150 from an earlier wave at 3:30 a.m.
The ministry said 28 migrants were injured by the barbed wire on the fences protecting the enclave and were treated at the Nador hospital.
Five members of the Moroccan security forces were injured by the rocks thrown by the migrants.
The statement did not give the migrants’ nationalities.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40