PLANS have been unveiled for an enormous floating activity park, to open on Gibraltar’s shoreline.
The €4.4 million floating pavilion is the central feature of an activity park which will include many recreational and leisure activities.
The floating section of the park includes four swimming pools, one with a diving tower; two outdoor exercise parks; a kids’ play park and a climbing wall modelled on the Rock.
An on-land section alongside comprises a boardwalk, park areas, a sunbathing area, an outdoor bar and changing rooms.
The park will create new jobs locally, as well as making more land available along the shoreline to boost the numbers of people using the area.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40