CLAN is the most popular children’s television channel in Spain, according to a new survey.
Around 15% of those aged between four and 12 tune in every day, rising to 24% of four to six-year-olds, the Kids TV Report found.
The RTVE-owned channel mainly shows cartoons including Sponge Bob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, and Tom and Jerry.
CBBC was the most popular children’s channel in the UK, while Super RTL, Boing, and Tfou Lab topped the charts in Germany, Italy, and France respectively.
The study, now in its fifth year, also found children in Spain watch an average of two hours and 11 minutes of television per day, a two minute increase on last year.
The viewing times are in line with all countries except Italy, where children are tuning in for an average two hours and 44 minutes a day.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44