ANDALUCIA is the proud owner of half of the top 10 destinations in Spain, according to TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards 2014.
Home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Seville was the top Andalucian destination, ranked third nationally.
Granada, Malaga, Marbella and Cordoba also earned themselves a place in the top 10, as voted for by TripAdvisor users over the last 12 months.
It is the first time that Marbella has made it into the top 10, and Mayor Maria Angeles Munoz and the Councillor for Tourism, Jose Luis Hernandez, attended the awards ceremony in Madrid this week to celebrate.
Barcelona, Madrid and Seville made up the top three in the country, in the sixth annual awards, followed by Granada, Corralejo, Malaga, Marbella, Calvia, Cordoba and Soller.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05