A ROMANIAN criminal on Spain’s top ten Most Wanted list has been arrested on the run in Britain.
Officials are investigating how Vasile Lupu, a suspected killer, managed to escape the country.
He has now been extradited back to Spain, after he was arrested in Bedfordshire following a tip-off.
Lupu is accused of murdering a 90-year-old man during an armed robbery at his home, and is currently being held at a maximum security prison in Madrid.
His brother has also been extradited to Spain, from Romania, in connection with the pensioner’s murder.
The man was discovered dead at his home in Castellon, eastern Spain, next to his wife who had two broken ribs.
He is believed to have died of a heart attack after being bound up by the robbers, who escaped with a safe.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44