MULTIPLE complaints have been lodged with Action Fraud UK regarding alleged Costa del Sol fraudster Nigel Goldman, according to a spokeswoman.
The UK’s fraud and internet crime reporting centre confirmed that if the complaints are upheld, they will be passed on to the Metropolitan Police or Fraud Investigation Bureau.
Since the Olive Press’ exclusive revelations that ‘naughty Nigel’ is hiding out in the quaint Berkshire village of Kintbury using the alias ‘Howard Del Monte’, the news has been picked up by the Daily Mail and the Birmingham Mail.
The notorious coin dealer was tracked down to a rented village home through his and partner Suzanne Couling’s joint eBay account called ‘Bensons Emporium’.
But when he was confronted in his home, Goldman refused to answer any questions.
“I’ve got nothing to say to you, but I look forward to meeting you again,” he called down out of his bedroom window.
Goldman, who admits to being jailed twice for fraud in his book ‘High Stakes’, is back to what he knows best; the buying and selling of coins, stamps and antiques.
And business appears to be brisk, with village post office staff informing the Olive Press that he regularly collects and sends packages, all with the name ‘Howard Del Monte’.
Marbella lawyer Antonio Flores is dealing with 12 cases of people who lost large amounts of money to Goldman’s investment schemes before he disappeared from the coast in December.
“It is large-scale,” he said. “Police have not yet issued an arrest warrant, but they are not far from doing that.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44