A TRIO of Malaga restaurants have seen the sun shine on them.
In the latest sun (or ‘sol’) awards for the new Repsol Guide 2014, El Lago, Finca Cortesin and Messina have been singled out.
Casares hotel Finca Cortesin has done the best landing two ‘suns’ for its restaurant Kabuki Raw, while its sister restaurant El Jardin de Lutz got its first ‘sun’.
Meanwhile El Lago, in Marbella, which already has a Michelin star, landed a second ‘sun’.
Francisco Garcia and his team – led by Diego del Rio in the kitchen – have long been singled out by the Olive Press and its sister guide Dining Secrets of Andalucia as leading the region’s restaurant scene.
Marbella featured a number of times in the guide, with Skina and the Marbella Club Grill retaining their Repsol suns, while, highly-rated Messina was awarded its first.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05