ALL of last week I found myself commenting on the differences between the economies of Europe and the UK.
Mainly it was in relation to the UK’s ability to manoeuvre quickly, adjusting to fiscal and consumer needs.
Whereas in Europe, the European Central Bank (ECB) struggles to generate enough steam and confidence among the member states to encourage spending…and build an inflationary environment and growth!
However, when it comes to voting on Europe, it seems the UK public and French voters are of the same mind, showing their true colours and feelings on the Eurozone.
Outside political parties like UKIP (and the National Front in France) were strongly favoured for their totally sceptical views on the European vision for the future and their central policy making in Brussels.
Is this another thorn in the Euro’s side, as it struggles to shrug off deflationary conditions?
Wednesday 10am CBI Distributive Trades Survey May previous 30 m/m
Friday 00.05am Gfk Consumer Confidence May previous -3
Friday 9.30am Net Lending to Individuals Apr previous £2.9bn m/m
Wednesday 8.55am German Unemployment Rate May previous 6.7
Wednesday 10am Business Climate Index May previous 0.27
Wednesday 10am Economic Confidence May previous 102.0
Thursday 1.30pm Q1 GDP previous 0.1% q/q
Thursday 3pm Pending Home Sales Apr previous -7.9% y/y
Friday 1.30pm Personal Spending previous 0.9% m/m
Friday 2.45pm Chicago PMI May previous 63
Friday 2.55pm Michigan Consumer Sentiment May 81.9
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05