BARCELONA’S acclaimed music and technology festival, Sonar, will see the launch of two amazing inventions.
American masters students from the Berklee College of Music’s Valencia campus will present their projects, the Orbit Suit and Robaton.
Designed by Misty Jones, the Orbit Suit is a dress designed to free electronic musicians from their laptops.
The dress features four wireless controllers, which are used to simultaneously remix electric guitar, play music and control video.
Robaton is a robot created by Pierluigi Barberis and Alan Tish, that plays music controlled by a virtual orchestra-conducting system.
It is the second time Berklee students have presented their work at Sonar, which runs from June 12-14.
For more information, visit www.sonar.es
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05