SPAIN’S energy company Repsol has made a significant hydrocarbon discovery in a previously unexplored region of West Siberia.
The company – in their joint venture with Russia’s Alliance Oil – has discovered upwards of 240 million barrels in an area they have been surveying since 2010.
News of the find has come at a strategic point as European officials consider imposing further sanctions on Moscow for its alleged support of Ukraine separatists.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00