THE start of summer has brought with it more than 6,000 jobs to Malaga Province in one of the best Junes for work since 2011.
An average of 220 people a day have found work although, as more than 90% of contracts signed are for temporary jobs, most will finish at the end of the season.
It was also the fourth month in a row that the province’s unemployment rate has dropped. After Madrid and Barcelona, Malaga showed the greatest decrease in unemployment, largely down to the 31,000 seasonal jobs created in the last four months.
However the experts are not getting over-excited. “It is temporary, low-quality employment and contracts are sometimes fraudulent,” warned a Government spokesman.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44