WHEN a parrot is bigging up the coffee and pancakes, you know you’re not in a regular restaurant.
This was the surprise welcome one couple received from Ruby the African grey, when they went for dinner at the Roman Oasis in Manilva.
“What’s going on here then? I’m Ruby, I’m a parrot, what are you?” was the unusual introduction the expat couple from Estepona received.
And things got stranger the following night when George the cockatoo entered the fray.
George, who is quite an upstart, suddenly began to imitate restaurant owner Paul Hickling.
So convincing is he at mimicking the restaurateur, who has been running the eponymous restaurant for three decades, that even his wife Kaat believed it was him.
Attempting to get a siesta, she was bemused to hear her husband telling the bird off: “George! No, no! You’ll go to prison, bad parrot.”
“Is that you sweetie?” she called out, but sweetie was in fact nowhere around… it was the newcomer George.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05