DEPUTY Chief Minister Dr Joseph Garcia represented Gibraltar at the installation of Bishop Heskett as the Bishop of Hallam in Sheffield.
The ceremony took place at the Cathedral Church of St Marie in Sheffield in the presence of the Papal Nuncio to Great Britain, Archbishop Antonio Mennini and Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the leader of the Catholic Church in England and Wales. Many religious and civic dignitaries were present, alongside a group of Gibraltarian clergy.
Dr Garcia said: “Gibraltar’s loss will be Sheffield’s gain. Bishop Heskett touched the lives of many people in the comparatively short time that he was with us as Bishop of Gibraltar. He was well liked and highly respected and his incredible sense of humour, which has endeared him to many people, will be missed.”
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- One in every seven euros into Spain’s economy comes from tourism - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00