LOCAL legend Rick Parfitt has fallen ill while on tour in Croatia, forcing his band Status Quo to cancel several shows.
The Alhaurin-based guitarist had a quadruple heart bypass in 1997 and tests for possible throat cancer in 2005, but sources cannot confirm if the current illness is related to either.
Parfitt, 65, is recovering in a hospital in the city of Pula and will unfortunately have to cancel tour dates until August 10, including shows in Monte Carlo, Germany and Switzerland.
Status Quo – who hold the record for the most British singles – is due to play in the UK in December, so let’s hope old Rick makes a speedy recovery!
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44