GERMAN beer is the order of the day in Mijas.
Sausages, pretzels and gallons of beer will flood the pueblo’s streets for the Costa del Sol’s annual German beer festival.
The festival – in and around the Miguel Gonzalez auditorium – will see more than 200 stalls food, drink and artisanal crafts.
Mijas is hosting the festival for the first time, as Mayor Angel Nozal hopes to keep the thriving daytime tourist industry partying late into the night.
The festival runs from August 21 to 23, from 8pm-2am.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05