WHAT do San Marino, Bhutan and the Cook Islands have that Gibraltar doesn’t?… FIFA membership!
In the latest leg on his journey to ruin world football, FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced that Gibraltar would not be able to join FIFA – and therefore play at the World Cup – despite being recognised by European footballing body UEFA.
With 209 member countries already registered with the world footballing body, Blatter’s reason that ‘FIFA does not recognise Gibraltar as an independent country’ seems like bureaucratic nonsense – especially in light of FIFA’s recent laissez faire attitude.
Maybe a loosening of the purse strings and a brown envelope in the right direction would help Gibraltar’s cause.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36