BETWEEN them they have well over 100 years of undertaking experience.
But the five brothers and sisters of Benalmadena´s Camero family are also the fourth generation of undertakers working for a firm that was set up in the 1800s.
Based out of an office in Benalmadena pueblo, they have dealt with a good many dead bodies over the decades, many of them British.
“My first job 39 years ago was dealing with two dead Britons,” explains Paco Camero. “I was just 15 and we found one of them at the bottom of a swimming pool and one of them lying next to it.
“They had both died of alcohol poisoning. One we buried here, the other we sent back to the UK.”
He and his brother Salvador now run the operation that has four other offices in Fuengirolas, Mijas, Torremolinos and Malaga. It also has a crematorium, chapel and cemetery in Benalmadena.
“But we have agents and people working for us all the way from Nerja to Sotogrande so we can cover the whole Costa del Sol,” explains Salvador.
Since the 1970s the company has been dealing with many foreign residents and Camero´s reputation has gone beyond the borders of Spain to the many international funeral arrangements in each and every continent.
The company offers funeral plans and the well known ‘dignity charter’ promise. Special arrangements can be included should you return to live in England.
“We can offer peace of mind and all funds are secure and at a fixed price,” adds Salvador.
Francisco Camero SL is a member of the Málaga Funeral Directors Association.
For more information call Francisco Camero on 902 200 625 or email at [email protected]
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44