A PRIEST living in Spain is searching for his long-lost twin brother after his dying grandmother revealed she sold the missing twin 30 years ago.
Laying on her deathbed Romanian Maria Maria confessed to selling off one of her son’s identical twin boys days after they were born.
Teodora Maria gave birth to Nicolae and Alexandru in 1984 before Maria revealed that Alexandru had died.
The remaining twin, Nicolae, is now leading a campaign to find his brother.
He said: “I have often spoken to people who told me they had seen me somewhere that I never was. I believe they must have seen my twin brother and mistaken him for me.
“I’m hoping that if he sees my picture, he will recognise himself and get in touch. Or if not at least somebody that knows him will contact me.”
A police investigation is underway in Romania and the family have posted Nicolae’s picture on social media in the hope Alexandru will be recognised.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36