GUARDIA Civil officers have arrested four people in connection with a string of knifepoint robberies on the streets of Axarquia during August and September.
Those arrested included two young girls.
Five of the robberies occurred in Velez-Malaga, with another taking place in the nearby town of Rincon de la Victoria, with the victims always being young women.
The thieves worked by gaining the victim’s sympathies before robbing them.
A young girl accompanying them would tell the victim there was a problem with her sister, but when they approached ‘they were grabbed by the hair, and threatened with a knife’, according to police.
Many mobile phones were stolen, with one being tracked to a 26-year-old man in the area, who has also been arrested on suspicion of aiding and abetting the thieves.
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40