GUARDIA Civil officers have arrested four people in connection with a string of knifepoint robberies on the streets of Axarquia during August and September.
Those arrested included two young girls.
Five of the robberies occurred in Velez-Malaga, with another taking place in the nearby town of Rincon de la Victoria, with the victims always being young women.
The thieves worked by gaining the victim’s sympathies before robbing them.
A young girl accompanying them would tell the victim there was a problem with her sister, but when they approached ‘they were grabbed by the hair, and threatened with a knife’, according to police.
Many mobile phones were stolen, with one being tracked to a 26-year-old man in the area, who has also been arrested on suspicion of aiding and abetting the thieves.
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57