A WOMAN’S place is in the home, according to 24% of young Andalucians.
The report – released by the Ministry of Education – concludes that young people in Andalucia see reality through a ‘sexist lens’.
A further 10% of the under-18s asked during the survey, believe that the man should make the important decisions within the family.
The report argues that the ‘myths of romantic love’ are to blame, as advocated by Hollywood films and pop songs.
Released for the annual Conference for the Study of Violence Against Women – held in Sevilla on November 10 and 11 – the report seeks to analyse the increasing rate of domestic violence among teenagers.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05