FORMER Manchester United manager David Moyes has finally landed a new job… and it’s in Spain.
The Scot, 51, is taking over Basque team Real Sociedad, despite not speaking any Spanish.
Moyes has been out of management since being sacked by Manchester United in April, after just 10 months in charge.
Real Sociedad are currently in 15th, but have beaten both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in a strange opening to the season.
They dismissed Jagoba Arrasate, in light of their sudden drop from Champions league football last season to the relegation zone this time around.
Moyes – who faced Real Sociedad while in charge of Manchester United in last year’s Champions League group stage – has signed a contract until June 2016.
His first game in charge will be against Deportivo on November 22.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44