THE disgraced mayor of Alhaurin el Grande, Juan Martin Seron, has returned to office after serving a year’s suspension for bribery charges.
PP councillors who have stood by Seron now face being ousted by the provincial PP of Malaga, Elias Bendodo, who has cut all ties with the PP of Alhaurin el Grande.
In response Seron praised the loyalty of his cabinet for keeping his office just as he had left it and thanked outgoing temporary mayor Antonia Ledesma for her year at the helm.
He said: “Can there be a clearer sign of loyalty to find my office without any changes, it looks as though no one has even sat in my chair.
“It would have been easy to forget about me, but they haven’t. I can’t thank them enough for their continual support.”
Seron went on to say that at the end of his term, in 2015, he would not be standing as a candidate for any political party.
He also said that he had been ‘used as a scapegoat to divert the gaze away from others’ and specifically referred to Jose Antonio Monagas’ ‘pleasure trips’ and corruption attached to the ERE scandal.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36