‘ELVIS’ was ready and waiting to perform in Estepona when a giant bang interrupted, as a neighbouring electricity pylon went up in flames.
Bar Eden, the venue for Elvis tribute act Stelvis, was packed full of eager spectators on Sunday afternoon, who called the emergency services to the scene.
Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control without any injury, but Stelvis’ performance had to be cancelled.
The bar, as well as neighbouring homes, has been left without electricity for the foreseeable future.
Stelvis’ show has been rescheduled for December 7.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05