FIREFIGHTERS in Mijas struggled through the night on Monday to bring a warehouse blaze under control.
The heat from the fire – which broke out at 3am – was so intense that it began to melt the outer walls of warehouses nearby.
Firefighters reported that the fire was particularly hazardous as the warehouse – on the A-7053 road to Coin – was used for storing second-hand cars.
Attempts to control the blaze finally succeeded at 7am, but firefighters continued to work late into the morning to cool down the surrounding area.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05