PUPILS in Year Two had a roaring time when they visited Marbella’s fire station.
The school trip saw our bright sparks learn all about the daily routine of firemen and have a ride in a fire engine – something which proved popular with the female helpers too, for some reason!
Alongside learning fire safety tips, the pupils also asked the firemen questions such as: ‘How do you get cats down from trees’; ‘How do you put fires out’ and ‘What did the Spanish fireman call his two sons?’ To which the answer is, of course, “Jose and Jose B”.
Well… I may have made that last one up, but our youngsters definitely showed they were ‘on fire’ when it came to excellent behaviour and interviewing skills.
Back at school the safety-conscious pupils also dished out some fire-safety tips to members of staff including the dinner ladies.
Removing less palatable options from the lunch menu due to their highly combustible nature was overruled, however.
At BSM we also marked the centenary of the start of World War One with a special assembly.
We watched a news report from the ‘Big Smoke’ about the ceramic poppies surrounding the Tower of London and had a debate on why we should remember the fallen soldiers of previous wars.
This was followed by a one-minute silence as the entire school reflected on what it must have been like for people during World War One.
Although, quite how Miss Potter kept the pre-nursery children quiet for an entire minute I’ll never know. She deserves a medal herself!
But, as you can imagine, this time of year is anything but quiet in a school, as the Christmas countdown has begun.
So hold on to your party hats as the tree is going up, the classrooms are being decorated and the BSM Christmas Fair is imminent!
- Close encounters of the BSM kind - 15 Feb, 2015 @ 11:30
- British School of Marbella to expand to new campus - 27 Jan, 2015 @ 14:00
- All fired-up - 17 Dec, 2014 @ 13:45
- Children at British School of Marbella celebrate Diwali - 30 Oct, 2014 @ 12:00
- Give peas a chance - 27 Oct, 2014 @ 09:00
- Buzz in the air at British School of Marbella - 19 Sep, 2014 @ 09:00
- School’s out for the summer - 3 Jul, 2014 @ 08:30
- The British School of Marbella’s got talent! - 3 Apr, 2014 @ 10:30
- School takes walk on the wild side - 6 Feb, 2014 @ 11:31
- Comic Relief show raises €750 at BSM - 24 Mar, 2013 @ 08:30