A WOMAN has died in El Chorro, Malaga, after falling while rock climbing.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 5pm yesterday after two women fell 10 metres in the ‘Swiss sector’ of the El Chorro rock face.
The second woman, 31, was rescued at 9pm last night and remains in a stable condition.
The accident occurred after a small rock fall collided with the climbers. The identity and age of the deceased has yet to be announced.
Guardia Civil agents, fire fighters, and representatives from Alora’s local police force were all involved in the four hour rescue effort.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36