PODEMOS has revealed that since its creation in January it has received €865,886 in private donations.
The amount goes up to €1,01 million thanks to a grant that subsidised the party’s expenses during the European elections along with proceeds from marketing sales.
Private donations make up 82,4% of the party’s income with €87,640 being collected every month.
Podemos currently has 9,335 regular financial supporters who on average donate €9.38 per month.
The party’s five MEPs also contribute part of their salaries so that out of the gross €8,020 that Podemos leader Pablo Iglesias makes as a MEP €1,761 goes to tax, €2,000 to the party and another €2000 to his La Tuerka television programme.
Pablo Echenique and Tania Gonzalez Penas make and donate the same amount as Iglesias while Lola Sanchez Caldentey gives an extra €100 and Teresa Rodriguez Rubio donates €4,522.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00