PRINCESS Cristina is appealing against the decision to put her on trial for tax fraud.
Lawyers have today lodged the appeal, according to the provincial court in Palma de Mallorca.
The 49-year-old princess was indicted on December 22 for tax fraud, as part of a four-year investigation into her husband, Inaki Urdangarin.
She faces eight years behind bars, while Urdangarin faces 19-and-a-half years, for money-laundering and fraud charges.
The trial is currently expected to take place towards the end of the year.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05