THE on-going investigation into British fraudster Nigel Goldman – now Howard Del Monte – has been moved to a court in Fuengirola.
It comes after the case, now 14 months old, was wrongly filed to courts in Barcelona and then Marbella.
The infamous conman fled the Costa del Sol just over a year ago, amid accusations of stealing thousands of euros from his investment clients.
The Olive Press tracked him down to the UK, where he was discovered selling coins and antiques on eBay from a small cottage in the Berkshire countryside.
“The Courts have not dropped the case, in fact, they would never do so until Goldman is interrogated,” said Antonio Flores, of legal firm Lawbird, who represents 12 separate victims.
Goldman has now moved to a different nearby home in Berkshire to escape his victims, but the pressure is ramping up once more.
Victim Roy Feather, who is owed €550,000, said: “The paperwork is filed in the court, but there still hasn’t been an arrest warrant, and it’s already taken 14 months to get this far.
“You would think they would at least bring him in to answer our claim, given the huge amount of evidence, it’s ridiculous.”
Meanwhile, Vanity Fair and El Pais have both been begun separate investigations into the criminal, following the Olive Press’ coverage.
In his own book, High Stakes, Goldman admits to having been jailed twice previously for fraud.
The Jewish poker fanatic, who has bizarrely declared his support for controversial British party UKIP on his Facebook page, was one of the coast’s most colourful characters before his sudden flight to Britain.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44