A TRIO of Michelin-starred chefs have united to bring gourmet food to the masses in Madrid.
Celebrity chefs David Munoz of DiverXO, Roberto Ruiz of Punto MX and Jordi Roca of El Celler de Can Roca – crowned the world’s best restaurant this year – are opening a department store food court.
The gourmet food court – at El Corte Ingles – will feature Spanish street food from Munoz, an ice-cream by Roca and Mexican delights from Ruiz.
The chefs – with seven Michelin stars between them – want to offer affordable fine dining to the public.
It follows a trend of top chefs looking for ways to make their cuisine more accessible.
French chef Joel Robuchon, the most starred chef in the world, has created a line of ready-to-eat meals, as has British celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05