TWO of Spain’s tastiest dishes are teaming up to create a chain of luxury restaurants.
Singer Enrique Iglesias and tennis ace Rafael Nadal have teamed up with Spain’s most well-known basketball player Pau Gasol and businessman Abel Matutes Prats to open a string of restaurants.
Called Tatel, the first of the restaurants is expected to open in Madrid in March, followed by a second eatery in Ibiza in 2016.
A spokesman for the famous four said: “The food of our country is very famous.”
“There are many Spanish restaurants but none have tried to become the reference at a national or even international level.”
Future plans to expand to Barcelona, London, and Las Vegas are already in the works but no opening date has been set.
It also remains to be scene if Rafa will be modelling his new Tommy Hilfiger pants or Iglesias will be serving up his Atlantico rum at the launch.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36