A LAWYER has been accused of failing to help police in the long-term search for the body of missing teenager Marta del Castillo.
Manuel Caballero has been accused by fellow lawyer Inigo Moreno of helping to cover up the exact whereabouts of the body of the 17-year-old, who was murdered by her boyfriend in Sevilla, in 2009.
Miguel Carcano was sentenced to 20 years in prison after confessing to her murder on Valentine’s Day 2009.
The 20-year-old killer murdered Marta by hitting her over the head with an ashtray in January.
Caballero, who represented one of the acquitted friends of murderer Miguel Carcano, is accused of knowing the ‘exact place’ where Marta was buried.
His courtroom rival Moreno, who represents Marta’s family, has now written a detailed letter explaining his theory to Marta’s father Antonio, and to the judge who has been holding the case open while the search continues.
“He told me that he knew where Marta was, but it didn’t matter what I did as I had already lost the case and could do nothing,” Moreno insists in the letter.
Caballero, however, denies the accusation and has announced he is to sue his rival over the slur.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05