AN expat landlord has won his legal battle against a tenant who refused to pay rent for two years.
Dave Lomas, 66, from Middlesbrough, held an unprecedented one-man protest outside his home in Campillos, in November.
And after a two-year legal tussle Lomas’ unwanted tenant has finally been issued an eviction order – to be out by March 10.
But despite getting his home back, Lomas will not see a single cent of the €10,000 owed in unpaid rent.
“I don’t think I will ever see any money from this guy,” Lomas said. “He has already shown how shrewd he is by living there for two years rent-free.
“But thanks very much to the Olive Press for highlighting the problem, which was spotted by the powers-that-be.”
Lomas has agreed for his ex-wife to move into the property that they bought together in 2008.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36