THE German victim of a one-punch killer Briton acted as an assistant to former Page Three girl Katie Price on a tour to Sotogrande, it has emerged.
Sandro Rottman, 43, who was murdered in the luxury Costa del Sol resort this weekend, was part of the entourage for Price and her ex-husband Alex Reid when in the resort in August 2009.
The couple were in Sotogrande to launch Price’s new Polo clothing range, KP Equestrian.
The German national was killed by Briton Devinder ‘Victor’ Kainth, after Kainth – a father of three – caught him taking photographs of his daughter on an iPad and attacked him.
Expat Fiona Goodwood – who knew Rottman for 12 years and described him as ‘something of an eccentric character’ – said he told her he had acted as one of her personal assistants on the trip.
A spokesman for Price added: “Katie was present at an event where Rottman was working for the organisers.
“She has no recollection of meeting him, but it appears she did during the course of her one day working trip to Sotogrande.”
Rottman had previously been arrested on January 9, and according to the Guardia Civil the case against him was still open at the time of his death.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05