HE is the man of the moment.
Top-scoring English striker in the premier league and touted as the next Alan Shearer, Harry Kane knows a bit about romance to boot.
The Tottenham striker made sure Valentine’s day went with a bang, netting himself a luxury weekend in Marbella with childhood sweetheart Katie Goodland.
The pair dined together at Marbella’s leading restaurant La Sala, and also did a spot of sight-seeing according to Olive Press sources. They stayed at the 5-star Puente Romano hotel for two nights.
But it didn’t stop the all-round sportsman – who has been called up for England for the first time for the upcoming international games – from getting a round of golf in too with his good friend David Bentley, a part-owner of the restaurant chain.
Bentley, a former Spurs player himself, told the Olive Press: “He is an amazing guy and an all-round professional.
“He doesn’t drink, but he knows how to have a good time.
“I sorted him and his girlfriend out with a place to stay for two nights and played golf with him too.
“We have been friends for years,” added Bentley, speaking from Ireland where he is learning to play Gaelic football for a new documentary.
Ian Radford, chairman of La Sala group, who played golf with him at Aloha, said: “He is a nice lad, feet well and firmly on the ground, a great future England striker.
“He will be back in the summer for some more golf.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44