THE Hilton hotel chain is set to return to the Costa del Sol after a 40-year absence.
The American company has signed a partnership to join forces with the Higueron hotel in Benalmadena, following lengthy negotiations.
The Costa del Sol’s tourism councillor, Carlos Conde, highlighted the potential boost in American visitors.
While the mayors of Benalmadena and Fuengirola, Ana Mula and Paloma García respectively, praised the ‘higher quality’ of tourism Hilton can offer.
“The Hilton brand name is an important one for this area, it has become a benchmark for quality tourism,” said Mula.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44