DISMISSED Gibraltar football manager Allen Bula has slammed the GFA’s decision to sack him.
It has been revealed that Bula was dismissed for making ‘derogatory comments’ against the GFA in newspaper reports and acting in an ‘aggressive manner’ during filming for a Sky documentary.
Bula has said he is ‘shocked and disappointed’ by the decision and is now seeking legal advice to compile an unfair dismissal case.
“I would like to stress that my statement is in no way against the Gibraltar’s football, but is against the unfair treatment I have received from sectors within the GFA,” he said.
“I had the faith, passion and determination to make the national team a success story.”
The derogatory comments in question relate to an article which appeared in the Gibraltar Chronicle in August 2014.
In the article Bula said the development of the Rock’s national teams ‘was sailing in opposite directions’.
He has also been accused of acting aggressively towards the Football Associations CEO in November, prior to the airing of a Sky documentary about the Gibraltar team.
As well as verbally abusing a member of Sky’s production team during filming.
Bula ‘totally refutes’ all allegations made against him and has presented the GFA with 15 witnesses to support his defence.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36