POLICE have launched an investigation into the death of a Gibraltar worker whose body was discovered in La Linea, four months after he disappeared.
Antonio Velasco Rodriguez, 34, lived in Sotogrande but commuted across the border every day to work at Amaya Gaming in Europort.
His body was found late on Sunday in a building site next a hostel, reportedly in an advanced state of decomposition.
Staff at the hostel said Rodriguez, 34, had been staying there in the days before his disappearance, on November 19.
Concerned relatives contacted the Guardia Civil and Gibraltar police after he failed to turn up at work the next day, but his phone remained unavailable and he was not seen since.
A post-mortem examination is due to ascertain the cause of death, but there are apparently no suggestions of violence at this stage.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44